Starting Crypto via RDP?

Forum for developers to discuss development
  • Ads

Starting Crypto via RDP?

Postby middle-siggy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Hey Bitweasil,

Any way to make it possible to start Cryptohaze from an RDP session? I have a bunch of CPU's, but I have to visit each one when I want to start the process because if I RDP, I think it is not detecting the local video card, but instead the RDP session?

Just didn't know if you had looked into this.

Also need any help in the code?

Siggy
middle-siggy

Re: Starting Crypto via RDP?

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:37 am

middle-siggy wrote:Any way to make it possible to start Cryptohaze from an RDP session? I have a bunch of CPU's, but I have to visit each one when I want to start the process because if I RDP, I think it is not detecting the local video card, but instead the RDP session?

You are correct. RDP does something funky with the video drivers to work, and it interferes with CUDA. This is not a Cryptohaze specific issue - just google for "CUDA Remote Desktop" and you'll find lots of threads on the issue. The general consensus is "Don't use remote desktop for CUDA. Use VNC instead." That works just fine.

Just didn't know if you had looked into this.

I've looked into starting a Windows service with the Multiforcer, so it runs in the background. That's as far as I've gotten. Windows specific issues are fairly low on my list.

Also need any help in the code?

Always. What do you want to work on? Windows GUIs? Multiforcer as a Windows service? New algorithms? Just email me & we can chat. <[email protected]> works, or PM me here.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Return to Developers