Rainbowtables usage

Problems with the hash cracking system? Suggestions?
  • Ads

Rainbowtables usage

Postby whysoserious » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:19 am

Hello everybody!
First things first: Bitweasil many thanks for your tools! They show quite impressive coding skills for freeware.

I have however one problem. I managed to run ./GRTCrack -s SRYMYHASH -h MD5 ../../rainbow/GRT-MD5-len7-fullcharset-perfect/*.grt by using the 35gb rainbow tables. I suppose it "only" checked length 7. What do I have to do to check a greater length? Is there some kind of howto or guide in the interwebz? I honestly did not found one :(

best regards
whysoserious

Re: Rainbowtables usage

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:47 pm

Well... yes, it would only check length 7, since that's all that were in the tables.

To check a greater length, you'd have to get or build larger tables, of which there are currently none publicly available. I'm working on some len8 stuff, but the tables are going to be on the order of a 1TB, so a bit difficult to torrent. ;-)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby whysoserious » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:35 pm

One TB? holy moly! Thanks for the fast answer!

(I found a little bug in Multiforcer-Linux 0.72. It easily takes files with the scheme username:hash but it seems not to get the hash right because it does not crack anything in opposite to a file with only nl separeted hashes...)
whysoserious

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Bug... what?

That one shouldn't be taking username:hash files... it's not a supported file format, and input verification is very lacking.

It's loading garbage, so no surprise it's not cracking them.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Return to Hash cracking