GRT 1.2 release: With OpenCL, SHA1, and WebTables!

Discussion of the upcoming GPU accelerated rainbow table implementation
  • Ads

GRT 1.2 release: With OpenCL, SHA1, and WebTables!

Postby Bitweasil » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:36 pm

The Cryptohaze Rainbow Table tools are now at an official 1.2 combined release.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/crypto ... -Combined/

There are some pretty exciting changes here in the new version.

===============

OpenCL support is now official, and should work on all platforms. Only GRTGen and GRTCrack are different for CUDA vs OpenCL, so the rest of the tools should work just fine on either platform (as they're host CPU only). This fixes all sorts of OpenCL bugs, and should actually work fairly reliably. There's also a "ShowConfig" utility that will show you your OpenCL platform configuration. Of special note for the new ATI users is the "--bfi_int" flag - this is still in beta, but should speed things up on modern ATI cards. You can also use OpenCL versions on your host CPU if you don't have a high end video card! You'll need to install either the Intel or the AMD OpenCL runtime (use the version that matches your processor, because they're about 50% slower on the "wrong" CPU), but you can now use OpenCL rainbow tables without a high end video card!

===============

SHA1 support is added to the rainbow table tools for both CUDA and OpenCL!

===============

And, of possibly much interest to many people, I've added WebTables! That annoying time while you're downloading a huge rainbow table for a quick test? Gone. You can now use a webserver to do the table search. Your local machine still uses its local resources for candidate hash and chain regeneration, so you're not sending your hashes to the world, but the table search is done on the remote webserver without needing ANY files locally!

If you want to check this out, I've provided some free tables for use at http://freetables.cryptohaze.com/webtables.php - this lists available tables. To tell the GRTCrack program about them, use the "--tableurl" parameter.

So, to crack NTLM len6 with the webtables, use:

GRTCrack-[platform] -f [hash file] -h NTLM --tableurl http://freetables.cryptohaze.com/webtables.php NTLM-len6-idx0-chr95-cl50000-v2-perfect.grt NTLM-len6-idx100000-chr95-cl50000-v2-perfect.grt NTLM-len6-idx200000-chr95-cl50000-v2-perfect.grt NTLM-len6-idx300000-chr95-cl50000-v2-perfect.grt

I'll add a feature to get all tables from the remote server soon, but for now, this works. :) You should see some pretty good search rates too - it's on a fairly fast set of drives.

The plan here is to offer the WebTables up as a subscription service. If I get enough subscribers, it justifies purchasing an SSD for the tables - imagine the NTLM length 8 tables on a blazing fast SSD...

If you're interested in a WebTables subscription, let me know - I'm still working out prices and what will be supported, but I'm eager to get these fully set up and working.

Enjoy!
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Re: GRT 1.2 release: With OpenCL, SHA1, and WebTables!

Postby Bitweasil » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:45 am

Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby aXmeD » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 am

It is going to support WordPress hash?
And could you sample tables with 8 characters for MD5 :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad English...
Last edited by aXmeD on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aXmeD

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Something about wordpress? Maybe?

Note: There are bugs in 1.20 that mean not all chains are searched properly with WebTables in some cases.

1.21 will be coming out very soon with fixes, as well as improvements to WebTables that allow faster searching by reducing the amount of data uploaded to the server. :) Turns out many cases are upload limited, not search speed limited on the remote system.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby IL_OP_UMAD » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Did you just use %256 instead of using &255 in your kernel to generate a plaintext?.... That's quite a few bits slower.
Yeah it's me, lurking in the shadows. Still, i oughtta slap you over the head for this ;)
IL_OP_UMAD

Postby Bitweasil » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:56 am

IL_OP_UMAD wrote:Did you just use %256 instead of using &255 in your kernel to generate a plaintext?.... That's quite a few bits slower.
Yeah it's me, lurking in the shadows. Still, i oughtta slap you over the head for this ;)

Yeah, I use %256. The compiler, as far as I can tell, optimizes that to a bitmask. At least on CUDA. I didn't see any performance gains to using an and. I could look into that and see if it's any faster...
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby aXmeD » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:01 am

Code: Select all
E:\Cryptohaze-Windows\GRTIndex.exe -b 32 E:\Cryptohaze-Windows\output\MD5-len6-idx0-chr95-cl100000-v2-full.grt
Creating index for file 1/1...
Cannot open table p]►: fopen failed.
ERROR making index: Cannot read table file p]►!

How fix this bug ? O.o
aXmeD

Postby Bitweasil » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Uh. Weird...

I'll check that out on Windows. I don't actually do a full function test in Windows right now. I should probably do that...
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby aXmeD » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Bitweasil
Do you need help, in testing? :roll:
aXmeD

Postby Bitweasil » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Would be nice. Build and test frameworks are not my area of strength.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Next

Return to GPU Rainbow Tables