OpenCL plans & details

Discussion of the upcoming GPU accelerated rainbow table implementation
  • Ads

Re: OpenCL plans & details

Postby Bitweasil » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Mm.

I *think* I have a GRTCLCrack working :)

It's corrupting memory on the Intel OpenCL implementation (something stupid somewhere, and I have a good idea where), but it's seeming to work on ATI. Only crashes some of the time!

I'm going to attempt to track down the bugs this afternoon & tomorrow, and hopefully have a beta up to play with tomorrow evening - one way or the other.

Possibly MD5 only, though I'll try to tack on NTLM support.

A full release would be coming soon after that with all major OS support (except possibly OS X, their OpenCL implementation is buggy too!)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby GayRainbowFlag » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:13 am

Thanks for the update -- I'm looking forward to the OpenCL implementation!
GayRainbowFlag

Postby Bitweasil » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Excellent.

The beta will be Linux only for now - I still need to hammer out Windows OpenCL stuff, though it shouldn't be too hard at this point, as I vaguely know what I'm doing with Windows now.

The big part will be fixing the memory overruns - Linux is a *lot* more tolerant of sloppy code than Windows in that regard.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Byte/\Puker » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Any news? Still waiting for your Beta :D

Do you think you can add the MD5(Wordpress) or MD5(UNIX) support? ;)

Byte/\Puker
Byte/\Puker

Postby Bitweasil » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:22 pm

The salted hashes don't benefit from rainbow tables, and both of those types are salted. Sadly.

I've got time this weekend to code, so I'm going to try and track down the segfaults & see if I can release something that actually works on most systems :)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Bitweasil » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:21 pm

oh hay!

<= is not the same as <

And the Intel OpenCL implementation really packs shit in tightly... I was kinda sorta overwriting stuff that mattered.

Whoops!

Works now :)

Let me try to package it up & I can throw out a beta, at least for Linux.

Then I get to learn how to build this shit on Windows... o.O
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Byte/\Puker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Bitweasil wrote:Works now :)

Sounds great :)
Is your length 8 table compatible with the OpenCL version ? Can't wait to test the OpenCL stuff :D .

Current I have 2 cards in my system (without crossfire) an ATI HD5770 and an ATI HD6970. On the 6' September I get an HD6990. Is it possible to set the 6990 and the 6970 in crossfire and have the 5770 as an "extra" card in the system ?
Byte/\Puker

Postby Bitweasil » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Byte/\Puker wrote:Is your length 8 table compatible with the OpenCL version ? Can't wait to test the OpenCL stuff :D

Yes, all my tables are compatible with all my tools. The format/reduction functions/etc are the same, and the goal (which in theory I meet) is that results are identical between all versions of the tools.

Current I have 2 cards in my system (without crossfire) an ATI HD5770 and an ATI HD6970. On the 6' September I get an HD6990. Is it possible to set the 6990 and the 6970 in crossfire and have the 5770 as an "extra" card in the system ?

No idea about crossfire. Despite owning a ton of high end video cards, I don't do any SLI/Crossfire/etc. I do believe crossfire and SLI screw with using cards for compute.

As far as the 6990 goes, don't expect it to work out of the box. They're weird, and have to be dealt with in special ways. I don't have a 6990, and don't have access to one to test on, so I wouldn't expect it to work properly.

Now, if you happen to have a shell on that box, or want to donate one... ;-)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Update:

Found a major bug in how I'm handing odd password lengths, to the point that odd password lengths are being done "totally wrong."

I need to fix this before I throw out a beta... :)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Sc00bz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Byte/\Puker wrote:Is it possible to set the 6990 and the 6970 in crossfire and have the 5770 as an "extra" card in the system ?

I would go with no from what I've read SLI and crossfire might even need to be from the same manufacture with the exact same model number to work. Also when using SLI or crossfire you can't use them for computing. Unless that has changed in the last few years.
Sc00bz

PreviousNext

Return to GPU Rainbow Tables