Using Rainbow tables in Windows

Discussion of the upcoming GPU accelerated rainbow table implementation
  • Ads

Re: Using Rainbow tables in Windows

Postby Metroshica » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:27 pm

So it's been a while, what's the status on Windows using Rainbow tables? I'm very excited if it's ready.
Metroshica

Postby Bitweasil » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Metroshica wrote:So it's been a while, what's the status on Windows using Rainbow tables? I'm very excited if it's ready.

Working. :)

Mostly.

The command line expansion doesn't work properly in Windows like it does in Linux, so you have to specify each file instead of, say, "parts\NTLM*" or such.

I've only tested it on a single-GPU system. My plan is to test it on a multi-GPU box later this week, and then if it actually works, release the Windows bits this next weekend for testing (along with another Linux & OS X release).
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby blazer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:15 pm

i'm really looking forward to the windows ver. Been waiting for a while. :D
blazer

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Yeah... porting to Windows wasn't fun.

Once I figured out that I could use boost::threads as a more or less drop-in replacement for pthreads in my use case, and that 1.45 fixed some segfault bugs that 1.40 had in threading, it got a lot easier. I also ended up using boost mapped files on Windows instead of my normal mmap setup, as Windows lacks a posix mmap.

The last remaining bit is the "Handle Unix-style paths" - if I tell it "output/NTLM*," Windows doesn't expand the * properly, it seems. So, I'll need to do this manually.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Previous

Return to GPU Rainbow Tables