40 Computers waiting for Tablegeneration!!

Discussion of the upcoming GPU accelerated rainbow table implementation
  • Ads

40 Computers waiting for Tablegeneration!!

Postby Reaper » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Bitweasel, i solved the problem.

Today i got 40 "old" universitycomputers. Every has a NVIDIA 9800 GX2 in it. I bought them with 2 friends for 7000 € and we are interesting into GPU Rainbowtables. We are new in the Rainbowtable-Cryptanalysis and want to improve our skills. Maybe we can help you with your NTLM 8 full US charset if you want our help. :)

Reaper
Reaper

Re: 40 Computers waiting for Tablegeneration!!

Postby Bitweasil » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:55 pm

I will see what I can do to help with distributed compute :) I really need to get this BOINC'd...
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Salazasu » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 am

Well...(I don't really want to steal your thunder Bitweasil :P )

http://www.freerainbowtables.com just brought their BOINC server back online, and they're generating tables again.
So, until Bitweasil starts a distributed project, you could contribute to this one.

Although you might get a real shocker when the power bill comes! :lol:
Salazasu

Postby Reaper » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi Salayasu

I am interested in GPU-Rainbowcracker and not in the CPU based rainbowcracker. I think the GPU tables are faster as the freerainbow tables and have more potential. :)
Reaper

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm working on refactoring the GPU RT code to make it more usable and theoretically Windows friendly. Hopefully I will have time over this winter break to finish this and start on a BOINC setup, or at least something usable that lets people upload workunits.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Salazasu » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Reaper wrote:Hi Salayasu

I am interested in GPU-Rainbowcracker and not in the CPU based rainbowcracker. I think the GPU tables are faster as the freerainbow tables and have more potential. :)

Well, the freerainbow tables are generated with CUDA. The tool for using those tables, rcracki_mt, doesn't currently support GPU-based cracking but hopefully will soon. :)

Though I must admit, a distributed brute-forcer would be, *ahem*, fascinating... :twisted:
Last edited by Salazasu on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salazasu

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Salazasu wrote:Though I must admit, a distributed brute-forcer would be, *ahem*, fascinating... :twisted:

Next version of the Multiforcer will support network distribution of work :)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby quel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 am

Salazasu wrote:
Reaper wrote:Hi Salayasu

Well, the freerainbow tables are generated with CUDA. The tool for using those tables, rcracki_mt, doesn't currently support GPU-based cracking but hopefully will soon. :)

Indeed after the sse2/3 items get into distrrtgen, rti2 header format is complete, then I'll be backporting the sse2/3 and cuda items into rcracki_mt. For ia32 linux and win32 I already have an improvement for the cpu distrrtgen for the reduction function that results in about 60% less work for a given WU (this isn't even sse but a precursor.) That improvement will of course make a big difference in rcracki_mt as well.
quel

Return to GPU Rainbow Tables