New tables - seed plz.

Discussion of the upcoming GPU accelerated rainbow table implementation
  • Ads

New tables - seed plz.

Postby Bitweasil » Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 pm

New torrents.

All the V2 tables are being properly set up & seeded now. The old tracker seems dead, so I'm now on some public trackers.

http://cryptohaze.com/gpurainbowtables.php

Trying to figure out how to seed the len8 tables...

Seeding appreciated! Thanks!
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Re: New tables - seed plz.

Postby Bitweasil » Wed May 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Got a new seed node or two going. Should be much faster now.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby frosty » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Getting OK speeds at the moment about 2MB/sec from the Len7 table, slower for the Len8, the number of peers on some seem to change dramatically from about 3-4 to ~70, I don't know why that is, I'm maybe not getting connections to them properly, i don't know if DHT is failing for me or if the trackers are going up/down or what :s

Anyway this connection is ~50mbit up so I'm going to leave these seeding as much as possible, it will seed uncapped over night UK time, and at partial speed during the day, once I have a full copy of the files I'll seed for a bit on another connection with approx 10mbit up.

thanks to anyone seeding, it's a lot of data!
frosty

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:24 am

frosty wrote:the number of peers on some seem to change dramatically from about 3-4 to ~70, I don't know why that is, I'm maybe not getting connections to them properly, i don't know if DHT is failing for me or if the trackers are going up/down or what :s

The right number is 3-4. Not 70.

You can check the current data at http://tracker.cryptohaze.com/ - well seeded, these are not. :(

Anyway this connection is ~50mbit up so I'm going to leave these seeding as much as possible, it will seed uncapped over night UK time, and at partial speed during the day, once I have a full copy of the files I'll seed for a bit on another connection with approx 10mbit up.

Awesome. Much appreciate it!

thanks to anyone seeding, it's a lot of data!

I'm still not convinced torrents are the best option here, but... they're about the only option short of shipping drives (which I also support).
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby frosty » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 am

Well the DHT/Announce stuff can essentially merge trackers so i think that's what is happening, for example length 7 table lists these trackers for me currently:

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80
http://tracker.cryptohaze.com/announce
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80
udp://tracker.istole.it:80

Some of the speeds drop to zero however even though I'm "connected" to a peer and despite plenty of upload bandwidth the up speed doesn't seem to get utilized much, right now Im seeding to others at about 400-600k/s but frequently it's slower, seems odd...

I'd love to simply buy the length 8 tables on a drive but don't have the cash for that right now, I'm skint :/

*edit*

Len7 table done, I'm going to leave it seeding, I have a load of upload bandwidth but don't seem to connect to any more than 1-2 peers at a time and transfer up at slow speeds, sometimes spikes, I guess that's the peers end. Anyway it will be there until at least 1:1 is reached, probably more if there's still demand.
frosty

Postby frosty » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Seeding isn't being done very well at the moment, I constantly fall back to getting 0k/s from the seeds, yet I consistently have the highest upload rate to the other peers.

I'm connected to someone and have sent them 1.73Gb in the last session, they've sent me 26Mb, yet they're getting a peer download now of nearly 1MB/sec and I'm getting about 10k/s.

I have a lot of upload bandwidth here that can seed this stuff out really fast yet the tracker seems to prioritize other slower peers which slows down overall propagation of the data, with a large swarm it wouldn't really matter but with <10 it's a bit painful, any idea why this is happening?

I was seeding out at about 4MB/sec earlier to a few peers but that's stopped now presumably because they now have all the chunks I have.
frosty

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 am

Which tables?

I'm still the only seed for the MD5 tables, and can only sustain ~1MB/s outbound. I'm fairly certain my servers are running that flat out.

Sorry... I tried seeding off EC2, and couldn't afford the bandwidth costs. It added up quickly.

It should eventually complete.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby frosty » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:57 am

It's the NTLM Len8 tables, it's not really a case of not having enough bandwidth it just feels like the trackers behavior doesn't favor quickest distribution, I thought that trackers prioritized good uploaders to keep the swarm healthy.

It's OK I don't expect anyone to incur huge bandwidth costs, i'm happy to wait it just seems odd to me is all.

BTW when is your defcon talk video going to work its way online? :D
frosty

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:13 pm

There's really not a "swarm" at this point. There are a few uploaders, and a few downloaders.

Also, I don't think the tracker does much beyond "point peers at other peers." They handle the rest. Unless I'm badly mistaken.

As for the talk, I'm working on it. :) Forgot over the weekend, was oncall at work.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby frosty » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 am

I was under the impression that trackers are supposed to prioritize known good peers (peers who can upload to other peers quickly) because it helps propagate the chunks faster.

Anyway we've had a few more people join recently with good speeds so the overall swarm is speeding up I'm uploading to others at a pretty decent speed all of the time now.

Now we play the waiting game ¬_¬
frosty

Next

Return to GPU Rainbow Tables