How about a 1.1 RC2 for Linux? ;-) (LM, MD5(MD5()), etc)

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

Re: How about a 1.1 RC for Linux? ;-) (LM, MD5(MD5()), etc)

Postby Bitweasil » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:57 pm

grutz wrote:Cool. I let it run on a large LM hash with 1 network client and after 2:30 hours both client and server segfaulted. Lesser amounts had no problem. When you feel like cutting a new test version I'll run it through the same paces. It sounds like you've fixed a lot of the bugs already. :)

Weird.

I just ran it on 500k hashes overnight in LM, and it was fine.

I think the main issue here is that my test network is a reliable LAN, and you're on the intarblags with lots of loss. This is definitely good to test, though! :)

Can you please continue testing with the new RC2? It includes all the fixes listed above, and should be somewhat more reliable.

http://cryptohaze.com/RCs/CryptohazeMul ... 04.tar.bz2

Also, can you try testing with a different general server architecture? Due to the possibility of CUDA driver faults or card faults killing the server (BAD), I've added the "--serveronly" flag to the system. This runs the server with no GPUs, which should make it a bit harder to crash.

So:

Run the server with ./Cryptohaze-Multiforcer [options] --enableserver --serveronly

On the same box, to use the GPUs, run ./Cryptohaze-Multiforcer --remoteip localhost

Then on the remote system, run as normal.

See if you can reproduce the segfaults with that setup. If so, I'll ship you a debug build you can run in gdb to help sort out where things are crashing.

Thanks, I really appreciate all the testing you're doing!
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Re: How about a 1.1 RC for Linux? ;-) (LM, MD5(MD5()), etc)

Postby Sc00bz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Bitweasil wrote:
grutz wrote:guesses: 0 time: 0:00:01:46 0.02% c/s: 6372M trying: SP0SIM9 - SP0SUMN

... How on earth is John faster by 6x on a CPU??? *confused*

You missed the line above:
grutz wrote:Remaining 435 password hashes with no different salts
guesses: 0 time: 0:00:01:46 0.02% c/s: 6372M trying: SP0SIM9 - SP0SUMN

6372M / 435 = 14.6M
Which matches the benchmark:
grutz wrote:grutz@crackah:/opt/cryptohaze$ ../jtr/john/run/john --format=lm --test
Benchmarking: LM DES [128/128 BS SSE2-16]... DONE
Raw: 14580K c/s real, 14727K c/s virtual
Sc00bz

Re: How about a 1.1 RC2 for Linux? ;-) (LM, MD5(MD5()), etc

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Ah, right... we had this discussion ages ago with my tools with the "Step rate" and "checks per second" rate showing obscene values with lots of hashes.

Got it. :)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Previous

Return to CUDA Multiforcers