libargtable2 error with CUDA

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

libargtable2 error with CUDA

Postby ceresnheels » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Guys - i'm trying to get CUDA running and after executing CUDA-Multiforcer <args here> it spits out this error:

./CUDA-Multiforcer: error while loading shared libraries: libargtable2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

It doesn't seem to matter which arguments I use, just typing ./CUDA-Multiforcer and hitting return has it giving me the same error. Can anyone help me get this running?

Thanks
ceresnheels

Re: libargtable2 error with CUDA

Postby Bitweasil » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Install libargtable2 on your system.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby ceresnheels » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:14 pm

In the cuda-multiforcer dir there is a lib32 dir which has the libargtable2.so.0 file and also libcudart.so.2. Do I still need to install libargtable2 or is it there and not linked properly or something?
ceresnheels

Postby Bitweasil » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Sounds like it's not being pointed properly. What version are you using?
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby ceresnheels » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:38 pm

I'm running Backtrack 4 R2. I'm not familiar enough to know what to type to get the version of CUDA but I installed it by doing apt-get install cuda-multiforcer. I want to say it was .70

I followed your advice and installed libargtable2-0 from this link - http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/libargtable2-0

I get a slightly different error message now, instead of listing libargtable2.so.0 as the problem it now says libcudart.so.2. If it helps this is a new install of Backtrack onto a disc from a bootable USB drive that was set up by unetbootin. Directly after the install I started following the backtrack-4-cuda posted up at offensive security guide. I skipped the part where you install cuda-toolkit and cuda-sdk since the guide said it wasn't necessary unless you wanted to build applications.

Hope this helps
ceresnheels

Postby Bitweasil » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Ah. You'll probably need the toolkit and SDK... they include libraries things use. It doesn't sound like the Backtrack instructions were fully tested.

0.70 is old, though. If you have multiple GPUs, pull a copy of 0.80 from the forum. I really need to get that packaged up and released...
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby ceresnheels » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Cool i'll get started on that. Thank you for the help, i'll post back with my results for future searches.
ceresnheels

Postby ceresnheels » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:37 pm

I put libcudart.so.2 into /lib and it works. I did install the SDK before that but it didn't solve the problem. I guess putting the other file in that dir might've solved the problem but oh well, as long as it's working now :D

Thanks for the help BW
ceresnheels

Return to CUDA Multiforcers