Network Support Status?

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

Re: Network Support Status?

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Well... right now you *can't* tune each node. They're restricted to defaults. One of the several issues I have to hammer out.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 am

Alright, basic network support is in SVN.

I still don't have client tuning tweaked, but the defaults should at least be not-miserable.

It currently only works for "simple" unsalted hashes. NTLM, MD5 are tested. SHA1 might work. :)

Let me know what problems you run into. There are probably some build issues on other systems - I need to set up some clean build environments.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:07 am

... some instructions might prove useful.

This will turn on the server bits.
Code: Select all
./CUDA-Multiforcer-CPP --enableserver <remaining command line args>

To use a client, try:
./CUDA-Multiforcer-CPP --remoteip=<remote IP>

The speed displayed in line 15 of the server is not right - it's sort of the workunit-determined speed, so it's a semi-accurate total, but I'm working on ways to handle passing the total speeds about.

If you cancel a client, it will just not finish/report those workunits right now. I don't have a robust workunit setup devised.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Picch » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:59 am

For those playing at home, you need to specify the new make file included in revision 3 when you compile.
make -f Makefile-Linux
Picch

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Oh yea. There's a new Makefile... ;-)

Thanks for catching that.

Any chance you want to write up some build instructions? :) I'd happily post them! ... and do you have any Windows build knowledge? I truly hate trying to build for Windows.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Picch » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Yeah I can put together some linux build instructions.

The extent of my windows development/building was a couple of java projects I did for an undergrad class years ago. I hate compiling anything for windows.
Picch

Postby Picch » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 am

Here ya go:

Compiling Cryptohaze Multiforcer
By: Picch

This guide is written with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS x64 in mind and assumes you already have the CUDA Developer Driver (260.19.26) and Toolkit (3.2.16) installed and working properly (ie you can already run CUDA based applications.)

1) Lets make sure we have all of our required dependencies installed. Some of these will probably already be installed.
sudo apt-get install kernel-package libncurses5-dev wget bzip2 libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-system-dev libglu1-mesa-dev subversion libargtable2-dev libgd2-xpm-dev libargtable2-dev libxi-dev libxmu-dev libxmu6 freeglut3-dev

2) Download and install GPU Computing SDK code samples.
wget http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/3_2_prod/sdk/gpucomputingsdk_3.2.16_linux.run
chmod a+x gpucomputingsdk_3.2.16_linux.run
./gpucomputingsdk_3.2.16_linux.run

3) We need to fix a couple of “issues” so everything compiles correctly.
cd /usr/lib
sudo rm libGL.so
sudo ln -s libGL.so.260.19.26 libGL.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libboost_thread.so /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libboost_system.so /usr/local/lib/libboost_system.so

4) Time to compile the SDK Tools (go grab a beer, this will take a few minutes)
cd ~/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C
make

5) We need to checkout the Cryptohaze Multiforcer repository.
cd ~/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src
svn checkout https://cryptohaze.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cryptohaze/Cryptohaze-Multiforcer

6) Time to compile the mulitforcer (go grab another beer)
cd ~/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/Cryptohaze-Multiforcer
make –f Makefile-Linux

7) Browse to location where newly compiled executable is located
cd ~/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/bin/linux/release
mv CUDA-Multiforcer-CPP <directory you want the executable to reside in>
Picch

Postby Picch » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 am

Bitweasil wrote:... some instructions might prove useful.

This will turn on the server bits.
./CUDA-Multiforcer-CPP --enableserver <remaining command line args>

To use a client, try:
./CUDA-Multiforcer-CPP --remoteip=<remote IP>

The speed displayed in line 15 of the server is not right - it's sort of the workunit-determined speed, so it's a semi-accurate total, but I'm working on ways to handle passing the total speeds about.

If you cancel a client, it will just not finish/report those workunits right now. I don't have a robust workunit setup devised.

Everything is working as advertised so far. Is it a possibility to display node stats on the server? So each node will show up on the server's GUI as another GPU (or multiple GPUs if the node has more than 1) and perhaps the ability to specify a port?
Picch

Postby Bitweasil » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Yes, those are both planned. I decided to throw out a beta and let people beat on it whole fixing minor issues like these.

I plan to have each remote host on a line for speed, it's just not hammered out yet.

Thanks for the build instructions!
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Picch » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:49 am

So I'm taking this with a grain of salt at the moment, because you said the performance numbers are off right now. But this is what I'm getting with my main desktop acting as a node.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|'p' to pause                Cryptohaze Multiforcer 0.80 ALPHA4                 'q' to quit |
|                             Mode: Client (Server 10.10.0.124)                             |
|Hash type     :           |           Passwords Found              |                       |
|Current PW len:         5 |                                        |  0: GPU: 359.20M/s    | <--GTX580 EVGA Superclocked
|Total hashes  :     58455 |  asdfg                                 |  1: GPU: 269.27M/s    | <--GTX280 EVGA Superclocked
|Cracked hashes:      1982 |  12341                                 |                       |
|Total time    : 00:04:04  |  ppqrt                                 |                       |
|WUs: 0/0 (-nan%)          |  Agape                                 |                       |
|--------------------------|  mario                                 |                       |
| Thread 1 mem loaded      |  pow73                                 |                       |
| Thread 0 mem loaded      |  cobol                                 |                       |
| Creating 2 threads       |  xrape ┌──────────────────┐            |                       |
| Threads joined           |  lotus │      PAUSED      │            |                       |
| Td 0: out of WU.         |  fvtia │  Press any key   │            |                       |
| Td 1: out of WU.         |  grape └──────────────────┘            |                       |
| Thread 0 mem loaded      |  excav                                 |                       |
| Thread 1 mem loaded      |  roman                                 |                       |
| Creating 2 threads       |  xerox                                 |                       |
| Threads joined           |  Gonzo                                 |                       |
| Td 1: out of WU.         |  35721                                 |                       |
| Td 0: out of WU.         |  tanko                                 |                       |
| Thread 1 mem loaded      |  sputz                                 |                       |
| Thread 0 mem loaded      |  imgay                                 |                       |
| Creating 2 threads       |  sporc                                 |                       |
| Threads joined           |  human                                 |                       |
| Td 1: out of WU.            popup                                   TOTAL: 628.47M/s      |
|                                                                                           |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Picch

PreviousNext

Return to CUDA Multiforcers