cuda problem- macbook pro

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

cuda problem- macbook pro

Postby D3struction » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:38 pm

hi all recently switched from windows to mac. So tried getting the multiforcer running on the macbook pro(purchased october 2010 from apple-latest osx/13'', geforce gt 330M) I have the cuda toolkit 3.2, sdk and dev drivers installed but get this errors:

when I start the cuda-multiforcer:

admin-davids-MacBook-Pro:~ thegray$ /Users/thegray/Desktop/CUDA-Multiforcer-Mac-0.72\ 2/CUDA-Multiforcer ; exit;
/Users/thegray/Desktop/CUDA-Multiforcer-Mac-0.72 2/CUDA-Multiforcer: line 2: ./CUDA-Multiforcer-Mac: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]
-----------
when I try the cuda-multiforcer-mac:

admin-davids-MacBook-Pro:~ thegray$ /Users/thegray/Desktop/CUDA-Multiforcer-Mac-0.72\ 2/CUDA-Multiforcer-Mac ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libargtable2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/thegray/Desktop/CUDA-Multiforcer-Mac-0.72 2/CUDA-Multiforcer-Mac
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
logout

[Process completed]
D3struction

Re: cuda problem- macbook pro

Postby Bitweasil » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:50 pm

You're attempting to run them by double clicking on them. That doesn't work.

You need to run them from a terminal. This... probably could have been made more clear. Load up terminal, change to the directory you downloaded/extracted them to, and *then* run:

./CUDA-Multiforcer [command line args]

This is due to libargtable not being present out of the box on most Macs - I do some hacking around to carry my own libs with me. That script is definitely not the most robust thing in the world, though.

You may also be interested in the 0.80 alpha3 - it's linked elsewhere on the forum. It does have a Mac binary, and should be a bit quicker than 0.72. Same deal, change to the directory and run it.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Re: cuda problem- macbook pro

Postby D3struction » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:53 pm

thank for the quick reply =) working now
D3struction

Return to CUDA Multiforcers