./CUDA-Multiforcers error

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

./CUDA-Multiforcers error

Postby Cyc007 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:48 pm

I tried launching a simple sam hash file that I extracted from a windows 7 machine with pwdump2 and converted it to a text file
sam.txt. I launched this code while in the directory /pentest/passwords/cuda-multiforcer/./CUDA-Multiforcer -32 -h NTLM -f sam.txt -c charesets/charsetfull --min=5 --max=5 and the output is:

Cryptohaze.com CUDA Multiforcer (multiple hash brute forcer)
by Bitweasil
Version 0.70, length 0-14
Currently supported hash types: MD5 FASTMD5 MD4 FASTMD4 NTLM FASTNTLM SHA1 FASTSHA1
./CUDA-Multiforcer: invalid option "-3"
./CUDA-Multiforcer: invalid option "-2"

I am currently using a GEFORCE 8400 GS Graphics card can you please tell me what happened did I not extract the sam file correctly? I'm still new to backtrack 4...
Cyc007

Re: ./CUDA-Multiforcers error

Postby Bitweasil » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:51 am

Cyc007 wrote:./CUDA-Multiforcer -32 -h NTLM -f sam.txt -c charesets/charsetfull --min=5 --max=5

What are you doing with the -32 switch? That's not a valid switch.

What GPU are you using? The default block and thread count is probably not ideal.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Re: ./CUDA-Multiforcers error

Postby Bitweasil » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:52 am

Cyc007 wrote:I am currently using a GEFORCE 8400 GS Graphics card can you please tell me what happened did I not extract the sam file correctly? I'm still new to backtrack 4...

You really, really aren't going to see very good performance with an 8400 on this stuff. You'll probably have better luck with CPU tools.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Return to CUDA Multiforcers