Cryptohaze on Mac mini

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

Cryptohaze on Mac mini

Postby niklasb » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:26 am

Hi,

I've started playing and using Cryptohaze on Mac mini server (mid 2011, mountain lion), and just thought I should share the results. If you install Cuda drivers + sdk + toolkit from Nvidias developer zone (since from what I've read here, os x default is a bit off). Trying with:

The problem:
Code: Select all
./GRTCrack-CUDA -h NTLM -f ~/testhash.txt ~/Downloads/GRT-NTLM-len7-all-v2/NTLM-len7-idx200000-chr95-cl100000-v2-perfect.grt

Gives you:
MapSMtoCores undefined SMversion 1350617088.32725! (repeated)
MapSMtoCores undefined SMversion 1350617088.32Segmentation fault: 11

If you use the OpenCL version:
Code: Select all
./GRTCrack-OpenCL -h NTLM -f ~/testhash.txt ~/Downloads/GRT-NTLM-len7-all-v2/NTLM-len7-idx200000-chr95-cl100000-v2-perfect.grt

It actually starts, give me the first screen, doesn't appear to give me segmentation fault, but the screen is filled with:

| | | |
| | | TOTAL: 0.00M/s |
| 14.7% ======= |
+-OpenCL Error (via pfn_notify): OpenCL Build Warning : Compiler build log:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
<program source>:48:26: warning: unknown OpenCL extension 'cl_amd_printf' - ignoring
#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_amd_printf : enable
^
<program source>:92:13: warning: unused function 'copySingleBitmapToShared'
1:12 inline void copySingleBitmapToShared(__local unsigned char *sharedBitmap,
^
<program source>:245:13: warning: unused function 'reduceSingleCharsetNormal'
inline void reduceSingleCharsetNormal(vector_type *b0, vector_type *b1, vector_type *b2,
^
<program source>:605:13: warning: unused function 'ClearB0ToB15'
inline void ClearB0ToB15(vector_type *b0, vector_type *b1, vector_type *b2, vector_type *b3, vector_type *b4, vector_type *b5, vector_type *b6, vector_type *b7,
^

However, the program is actually running, if you wait for the first pass to finish you will get the regular status window.

After the second pass you will get:

| | | TOTAL: 327.44M/s |
| |
+-OpenCL Error 11.2%pfn_not===== OpenCL Build Warning : Compiler build log:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
<program source>:48:26: warning: unknown OpenCL extension 'cl_amd_printf' - ignoring
#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_amd_printf : enable GPU: 22.56M/s
^
<program source>:1204:27: warning: equality comparison with extraneous parentheses
while ((a == deviceHashArray[search_index *58])) {
~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<program source>:1204:27: note: remove extraneous parentheses around the comparison to silence this warning
while ((a == deviceHashArray[search_index * 4])) {
~ ^ ~
<program source>:1204:27: note: use '=' to turn this equality comparison into an assignment
while ((a == deviceHashArray[search_index * 4])) {
^~
=
<program source>:1288:17: warning: unused variable 'bitmap_index'
vector_type bitmap_index;
^
<program source>:245:13: warning: unused function 'reduceSingleCharsetNormal'
inline void reduceSingleCharsetNormal(vector_type *b0, vector_type *b1, vector_type *b2,
^
<program source>:605:13: warning: unused function 'ClearB0ToB15'
inline void ClearB0ToB15(vector_type *b0, vector_type *b1, vector_type *b2, vector_type *b3, vector_type *b4, vector_type *b5, vector_type *b6, vector_type *b7,
^

| 22.56M/s

But from what I gather, everything is still running.

Possible solution
Nvidias developer download zone doesn't list the latest drivers. Best way appears to be to download from http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Wen you dowload the new(est) nvidia drivers, it still displays the warnings above. Resizing the terminal window though resets everything and you can view the progress. So far so good.

Just thought I'd share my random ramblings :)
niklasb

Re: Cryptohaze on Mac mini

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:25 am

Good to know. Those are just build warnings - I should work on cleaning them up, because apparently OS X reports them while other builds don't (if the build succeeds).
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Re: Cryptohaze on Mac mini

Postby leonrossdale » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:08 pm

I have download the latest nvidia drivers. But, it still displays the warnings and it is getting stuck there. How can I make this right. Do I need to try any other versions of the driver? Do roll backing work?

Return to CUDA Multiforcers