NTLM Cracking

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

NTLM Cracking

Postby rwincey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:30 am

I'm trying to predict how long it would take to crack different length NTLM hashed password passed on the WU's and was having some issues. As soon as I tell Cryptohaze that the --min is 9 characters, it just sits there and doesn't do anything. I've tried both standalone and networked and they both give the same results. I compiled from source so I have the newest code. Are the WU's a standard size across each password search space? Thanks.
rwincey

Re: NTLM Cracking

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 am

The malloc fails & it doesn't do anything.

Try using --bits 40 - that will make each workunit larger, and will reduce the size per workunit.

I need to fix this going forward.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Picch » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:36 am

Depending on your charset, you're pushing your luck at 9 chars.

Last night I ran 8 char Upper/Lower/Numeric, 4 x EVGA GTX580 SuperClocked cards took a little over 12hrs to finish.
Picch

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 am

Picch wrote:Last night I ran 8 char Upper/Lower/Numeric, 4 x EVGA GTX580 SuperClocked cards took a little over 12hrs to finish.

I really, really need to get my WebTables stuff going for the Len8 tables. How many hashes? You could have run a lot through the rainbow tables in 12h.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Picch » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 am

Bitweasil wrote:
Picch wrote:Last night I ran 8 char Upper/Lower/Numeric, 4 x EVGA GTX580 SuperClocked cards took a little over 12hrs to finish.

I really, really need to get my WebTables stuff going for the Len8 tables. How many hashes? You could have run a lot through the rainbow tables in 12h.

It was like ~65,000 hashes. I could have shaved time down by adding some machines with networking support, but no one was awake that late...damn central and east coast coworkers :)

If I was cracking fewer hashes I could have had better results. 1 hash gives me about 2,000M/s and the 65k hashes gave about 1,700M/s. btw did you get the email I sent you? I've been having trouble with messages not making it to the recipient. I'll be jumping up and down when you have the free time to incorporate NTLMv2
Picch

Postby Bitweasil » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm not sure if I did or not - I don't recall getting an email that I recall coming from you.

And you're not the first request for NTLMv2. :)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby Picch » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Bitweasil wrote:I'm not sure if I did or not - I don't recall getting an email that I recall coming from you.

And you're not the first request for NTLMv2. :)

Just sent again. NTLMv2 is a constant killer for us. John is just painfully slow even with multi-core support because of the salting involved.
Picch

Return to CUDA Multiforcers