Multiforcer 1.3 Runs But Never Starts Crunching

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

Multiforcer 1.3 Runs But Never Starts Crunching

Postby bulletproof » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:49 pm

I just upgraded from 1.10 to 1.30. Using the same cmd as I previously used, Multiforcer starts but never begins processing WUs. The timer starts running but it sits there saying "Waiting for workunits..."

It still runs fine in 1.10.

The command I use is Cryptohaze-Multiforcer -h NTLM -c charsets/charsetlowersymbolnumeric -f hash.txt -o found.txt --min 10 --max 16

I have a GeForce 570 HD and running Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks, I really prefer Cryptohaze to the other programs I've used (ighashgpu for example).
bulletproof

Re: Multiforcer 1.3 Runs But Never Starts Crunching

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:42 am

It's likely the workunit allocation failing - length 10 is a big space.

Try adding "--bits 40" to the command line to reduce the number of workunits that need to be allocated - let me know if it works.

I really need to get a "delayed allocation" bit going for large problems like this.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby bulletproof » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks man, that appears to have resolved it. I think your theory is right, because before the number of work units was astronomical, I want to say something like a million.

Typically most of the crunching I do is with large passwords. The rainbow tables tear through the 8 chars or less for the most part. Is there a hard max character limit with Multiforcer? Some programs won't try anything above 16 characters.
bulletproof

Postby Bitweasil » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:49 pm

What algorithm? It's currently limited to one input block or slightly less, so I think 48 for md5, 27 for NTLM, etc.

Which len8 tables are you using? I've got a set generated for NTLM & MD5, but haven't distributed them yet.

Planning on supporting them soon with WebTables. :)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby bulletproof » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Typically I do NTLM.

I've tried different tables but currently use the ones quel provides at the Free Rainbow Tables project. They go up to len9 for some of the charsets. It's about 1.25TB of disk space to house those bad boys, distributed via torrent. We are working on generating new tables at the moment with the boinc distributed client.

A little change of subject, but have you tried ighashgpu? I can't get it to work on my nvidia cards, but it does run on AMD. I get about 5,000M/s which is crazy because on the Nvidia based ones I get around 1,800M/s. And that is with a much older AMD card...
bulletproof

Return to CUDA Multiforcers