Mediawiki hashes?

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

Mediawiki hashes?

Postby alitali » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:02 am

Hello.

Mediawiki software has the hash format md5(strval(user_id) . "-" . md5(password)). The md5 here is the normal ascii hex output md5 with no "0x" and the user_id is usually a small number because it starts at zero and most websites have few users but I think it could be very high as it is an int type in the database. This scheme means the inner MD5 can be reused for testing many user ids and rainbow tables could be made for lower UID numbers because most installs will only use those. It is common to run multiple wikisites so even though user_id is unique for one site someone may have multiple sites with userids reused, like a scheme with only a small salt may have.

I looked at the multiforcer code and the CUDA seems a bit beyond me but I think there may be some scheduling difficulty in reusing the inner hash unless there are many accounts? What do you think?

I would like very much to see this application support in cuda multiforcer. I can give example hashes if my description is not clear.
alitali

Return to CUDA Multiforcers