Multiforcer for Windows 32 bits

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

Multiforcer for Windows 32 bits

Postby romansoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Hello,

Since many people (including me :)) still lacks a 64 bit OS, it would be nice to have a 32 bits version too. Could it be possible? Have you ever planned to release a 32 bits Windows version?

Thx.
-r
romansoft

Re: Multiforcer for Windows 32 bits

Postby Bitweasil » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Huh. People use 32-bit systems still?

I suppose I can do a release of 32-bit Multiforcer code, if that would be useful. I'm not likely to do a 32-bit rainbow table release, because I can't mmap big files on a 32-bit system. :) Multiforcer has no such limitations, so I suppose I can look at doing this.

Windows only, or are there still people running 32-bit Linux that want a build?
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby pellegrino_tarantino » Fri May 11, 2012 11:36 am

hi dude i've still a 32bit linux build, and a Ati HD5850, where can i get info and apps that suits to me?
pellegrino_tarantino

Postby Bitweasil » Fri May 11, 2012 2:33 pm

If you're reasonably skilled at building projects, you can follow the instructions on the wiki, changing things to 32-bits where needed, and build with "make 32bits=1" or such.

If you're not... I'll add you to the data points saying that I should put out a 32-bit build, and will consider this. :)

I assume you're interested in the Multiforcer for OpenCL, and not the rainbow table tools?
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby pellegrino_tarantino » Fri May 11, 2012 5:03 pm

really thanks for your reply. i have 320gb of rainbow tables but i'm interested in whatever can help me cracking hashes. i read something about cracking hashes with online tables. is it correct? and about wiki instructions, i followed it but the make command always stuck when looking for cuda device (that i don't have, only Ati HD5850). how can i do to avoid this step?

Here's my output:

Code: Select all
root@bt:/pentest/passwords/cryptohaze/Cryptohaze-Combined# make 32bits=1
make -C src
make[1]: Entering directory `/pentest/passwords/cryptohaze/Cryptohaze-Combined/src'
make -C GRT_CUDA_device
make[2]: Entering directory `/pentest/passwords/cryptohaze/Cryptohaze-Combined/src/GRT_CUDA_device'
/bin/sh: /usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [../../objs/GRTCandidateHashesMD5.cu.o] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/pentest/passwords/cryptohaze/Cryptohaze-Combined/src/GRT_CUDA_device'
make[1]: *** [GRT_CUDA_device] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/pentest/passwords/cryptohaze/Cryptohaze-Combined/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

thanks and...great job!
pellegrino_tarantino

Postby pellegrino_tarantino » Sat May 12, 2012 9:18 am

I've found an old 8600gt. If i install it with my Ati, would it run good?The speed of calc will be the total of both cards?
pellegrino_tarantino

Postby Bitweasil » Sat May 12, 2012 8:15 pm

pellegrino_tarantino wrote:and about wiki instructions, i followed it but the make command always stuck when looking for cuda device (that i don't have, only Ati HD5850). how can i do to avoid this step?

You don't have the CUDA toolkit installed, so it won't work.

Also, the current release version doesn't work on ATI cards. The new version I'm working on will, but it's a bit harder to build. I'll see if I can compile a 32-bit build soon...

pellegrino_tarantino wrote:I've found an old 8600gt. If i install it with my Ati, would it run good?The speed of calc will be the total of both cards?

The new version I'm working on will use both cards, yes. The old version does not have ATI support.

Let me see if I can do a 32-bit build in the next day or two and I'll post it here.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby pellegrino_tarantino » Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Ok, really thanks! I will do my best to wait.. :)
pellegrino_tarantino

Postby Bitweasil » Sat May 12, 2012 11:31 pm

pellegrino_tarantino wrote:Ok, really thanks! I will do my best to wait.. :)

What hashes are you interested in?

If it's NTLM/SHA1/MD5 (plain, unsalted), I could try to do a 32-bit Linux build this evening. I assume you're running on Linux?

Unfortunately, I'm slightly short on 32-bit boxes to test on, so there's a bit of guessing, and I can't promise everything will actually work properly. :)
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby pellegrino_tarantino » Sun May 13, 2012 9:41 am

If it's NTLM/SHA1/MD5 (plain, unsalted), I could try to do a 32-bit Linux build this evening. I assume you're running on Linux?

Yeah You're right, i'm on backtrack 5r2 32bits, with a q6600 and 3gb of ram and i'm generally interested to all hashes, but that ones are a very good starting point. I continue thanking you for your great work, it will be very appreciated!
pellegrino_tarantino

Next

Return to CUDA Multiforcers