ms-cache v2

Discussion and support for the CUDA Multiforcers (Windows and Linux)
  • Ads

Re: ms-cache v2

Postby mayberryman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I've been pondering Bitweasil's reply and am wondering...does the multi-forcer provide networks support with salted hashes (as the ms-cache v2 type are)?

Also, I thought that ms-cache v2 hashes were equivalent to ntlm v2 hashes?

Appreciate any clarification(s).
mayberryman

Postby Bitweasil » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 am

If we ignore Cryptohaze-Multiforcer (which is totally obsolete) and focus on New-Multiforcer (the SVN builds):

Yes, it supports salted hashes across the network natively. There has been a good bit of work behind the scenes to make this happen - EVERY hash format supported in New-Multiforcer works across the network. Period. Even the complex stuff like the IKE PSK hashes work across the network. It's baked in. :)

MS-Cache V2 (also MSCASH2) are the domain credentials, stored locally. They're PBKDF2 with a fairly high round count.

NTLMv2 is a network exchange protocol used to authenticate to a remote server. They're quite different.

Both are on the support list. MSCACHE1 is done, and I'm taking a break from nasty kernels to add some more forum types, but MSCACHE2 is on the "within a week or two" list. NTLMv2 requires DES support, which I have for LM, so that won't be too bad either - just a few more pieces to put together.
Bitweasil
Site Admin

Postby mayberryman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 am

I don't know what I was thinking w.r.t. ms-cache v2 vs. ntlm v2.

I will look forward to the implementation of ms-cache v2 in the new multiforcer :D

I learn a lot from your work and this forum. Thank you.
mayberryman

Previous

Return to CUDA Multiforcers